Friday 30 May 2014

Scrap happy!

This week on UKS we were asked to 
Firstly - Scraplift a LO from UKS gallery 

and then Select one thing from each of the following...

Main colour - Green / Blue / Yellow / Brown / Purple
Theme - Spring / May / Nature / New beginnings 
Embellishment - Ribbon / Washi Tape / Buttons / Stickers / Handmade / Fibres
Technique - Stamping / Die cutting or Punches / Embossing / Tearing 


I scraplifted Laura Godfrey, went for a brown colour scheme, May theme, Washi tape and I used an embossed stamp from the HP studios punched into a circle shape...


I added glittery gold stars by Studio Calico and this fits the Sketch and Scrap 2nd birthday challenge set by DY member Kerry on her blog to use glitter/sparkle.

Each month I try and join in with Miniowner's sketch challenge


and I combined it with another of Sketch n Scrap's birthday challenges (I have loved doing these challenges this month!) from Um blog de Scrapbook using 2 of everything.....2 bits of doily. 2 lots of enamel dots, 2 layers of matting, 2 photos, 2 word title, 2 banners, 2 mists used, 2 lines of journalling, 2 cloud stamps and just 2 colours used throughout...green and blue



7 comments:

  1. Oh that's a super page - I love the bits of doily, I'm never too sure what to do with them. Fab colours to compliment those lovely photos. Thank you for joining in my sketch challenge.
    Sue @ Me&Mine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this page, especially the size of the photos and the embellie gathering in the upper left corner.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both fabulous, and I do love your take on the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great layouts!!!!! Thank you for participating in this challenge.
    Surama - Sketch N Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  5. How serene are those pictures on your mountain view layout?!! LOVE soft color palette so fitting for your pictures! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of collecting stamps at HPS ... I'd be elbowing the kids out of the way to get mine LOL
    Fab pages Ruth - love the touches of gold

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially like your top page - leaving the centre in the 'o' really made my eye notice it and then follow round the page, noticing all the other circle shapes. I always admire how much scrapping you fit in

    ReplyDelete