Sunday 29 June 2014

More inspiration from Shimelle

So today I managed to make a couple of cards plus 2 layouts..... there is a third but currently it lies unfinished in the craft room.... I am hoping I may find some time to finish it before Shimelle's challenge deadline tomorrow night.

So today I used the sketch found here and made this page


I added several layers, 3 different mists and flipped the sketch to suit my photo....loved using a 4x6 PL card as a mat for my photo and title and a matching 3x4 tucked behind for my journalling.

My second page was based on another Shimelle sketch found here


This page came together really quickly as it is so simple, just 3 6x6 sheets and some washi tape ..... not sure I like the patterned paper tilted to the side but I went with it and like the page overall..... loving sea themed papers and embellishments (who doesn't love an anchor..... this one is for you 'The Nonna' so you can see my fetish for anchors put to good use!!)

7 comments:

  1. Love the first page....beautifully muted colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I love about your scrapping is that each layout is different, you always bring something new to the table, so to speak. But each one is outstanding

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to catch up on blog reading and have just come from Suzanne who has been scrapping with triangles - apparently The Latest Thing, so you are bang on trend :). This looks so bright and happy, it made me smile - that red paper in the middle just pulls in the reds in the outside photos so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the diamonds background idea - great page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jemma has pointed out to me that I used the same sketch as you last week (the second one) and that you are actually IN the pic I've used!...got your postcard thanks!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. both are great layouts. Love all the space in the first one and those anchors are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely layouts! I definitely have to go through Shimelle's blog, haven't been there for quite a while!
    Daphnex

    ReplyDelete