Sunday 11 July 2010

Scrappin' Silhouettes

As you may have noticed from my sidebar I have made it onto the design team over at the fantastic Scrappin' Silhouettes. This new challenge blog has been created by the wonderful Jennipher and being a huge fan of working with sketches I was thrilled to discover her inspirational site.

Every Thursday there is a new sketch to follow and the first Thursday of the month uses 1 photo, the 2nd Thursday 2 photos, the 3rd Thursday 3 photos and so on. I will be featured at the end of the month, which will be a challenge for me as I rarely use more than 2 pics in any lay out so I am really looking forward to trying it out on a regular basis!
Challenge number 3 features a double photo LO and I really loved the sketch and had to give it a go. Please go over to Scrappin' Silhouettes and have a look, even better take part as there is a fabulous RAK on offer for the month of July... the more times you enter the challenges the more chance you will have of winning!! This is the sketch...


This is my version of the sketch featuring DD and DS on holiday in Egypt so I have kept the colours and style very similar to the last LO I did featuring DD and I in Egypt a couple of posts ago.
I took this photo outside this afternnon and it's so sunny that the colours have not actually come out very well! I am not going to complain about the sunshine as I believe we are due for rain tomorrow in this part of the UK, at least I will be at work!

11 comments:

  1. Woo hoo - good for you! :-) I love the double bracket and the swirl on your layout xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab layout congrats on you DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colors you chose and the fun swirl you added! Great page

    ReplyDelete
  4. great page - love the colors and the scallop border near the top! Looking forward to working with you at Scrappin' Silhouettes

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats ruthie!! great page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant page

    Congratulations again :o)

    Choccy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic take on the sketch, love it. Love Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super scrap page and I love the way you've used tones of green picked out from the t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. More congratulations!! Great page too. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete