Tuesday 28 January 2014

Simple Recipes January

UK Scrappers is full of inspiration, just looking through the gallery I guarantee you will find several pages to add to your Pinterest boards. The UKS organisers are constantly striving to encourage us to scrap more and there are numerous free classes/challenges/ideas easily accessible by everyone.




Simple Recipes has been up and running for a couple of years now, in fact I made a page following the class back in June 2012 which can be seen here .  This year for the first time you can collect 30 points for completing the challenge, which is great encouragement for points collecting teams.

These are the colours chosen for this month




January's class in full can be found here with a downloadable PDF including a sketch, and some 'added ingredient ideas'. These extras include using a large format photograph (or a group of photos) and altering an alphabet.

I chose an unloved chipboard alphabet, sitting unused for so long it had lost it's adhesiveness (is that even a word?)


I covered each alpha in red ink, sprinkled on some clear embossing powder, dusted down the heat gun and voila a re-vamped set of letters!


I didn't have one large photo so I used 4, I struggled to use the purple colour most of all but managed it in the end.  A real challenge but one I really enjoyed. The page also fits a JOT challenge about layering a title on a photograph.

4 comments:

  1. I like the strips you've layered along and underneath. Cool redesign of the alpha too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea, Ruth, to recolour your letters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very neat work on the colouring of the letters, and I like the idea of substituting a sequence of four for one big one - just as much impact with more variety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know I just love your enthusiasm for challenges and UKS :) another great layout and crazy as it sounds, I've never looked at this challenge, but maybe I will now. I love what you've done x

    ReplyDelete