Friday 22 October 2010

more jumble bargains

I came across this little collection scattered across the Bric a Brac stall. I think they are all Japanese but other than that I am not really sure what some of them are! What do you think??

This is the flat compact type pink flowery thing but what are those little wooden things inside?? What are they for?





This is the inside of the doggy matchbox

How cute are those matches? Their white heads have little dog faces on! I won't be able to use them ever!! The other matchbox looked less interesting

but inside was a surprise


with a note


I was sooo amused by the fact that someone had taken time out to write this note by hand and put it inside the matchbox! Is this a one off or a traditional good luck type charm or something else completely? I have no idea really but knew that DD would love to see this collection and try to imangine what it was for and where it all came from. Please if you have any ideas what these are do post about it otherwise we may be wondering forever!!

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen anything like this before but the matches are brilliant and I would keep them, I mean how could you use them and destroy the little doggy faces :( I love the little note too, very cute. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing finds! The matches are seriously cute and I love the note that came with the rice. Can't help you with the little stick things inside the compact though I'm afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen anything quite like that before - definitely a fab find.

    ReplyDelete