Tuesday 12 October 2010

Scrappin Silhouettes challenge 16 with Scrapping with IDIC 'Holiday' challenge

Scrappin Silhouettes has a great sketch this week by the mega talented Molly Bennett, who will be providing the sketches for the next couple of months.
Sketch 16Over at Scrapping with IDIC the challenge is to create a layout using 'Holiday' as the theme. We were given papers from Stampin Dragon Designs that were rich shades of orange and yellow which screamed Halloween to me. This weeks winner will win their choice of 3 digi images from Stampin Dragon Designs!

I decided to combine the 2 challenges and produced this Lo after flipping and rotating the sketch

My favourite bit of the layout was making those little 3D pumpkins, I cut out pumpkin shapes and glued them together to create little paper pumpkins.... really cute! The hardest thing was finding decent photographs of the children in their various Halloween costumes over the years, I was sooo disappointed that I haven't captured these precious moments. I managed to find this group shot from 2007 but the lighting was really poor. It is a lesson learnt for this year when I will definitely be taking more pictures.

Please visit Scrapping with IDIC for the holiday challenge and see what you can create with the sketch at Scrappin' Silhouettes check out all the fantstic DT work on both sites. Can't wait to see what you make!

5 comments:

  1. Great page and great costumes! Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It works really well rotated - great layout :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the flip - I always get things looking very strange when I try to flip sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab page and I do LOVE the little 3d pumpkins I had spotted them beforre you mentioned them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pumpkins look great! Love your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete