Tuesday 26 October 2010

Scrapping with IDIC challenge 10 'Layers'

The latest challenge for Scrapping with IDIC is Layers. We were given really gorgeous digi papers to use by JLJ designs who are also sponsoring the challenge this week, with the winner getting $5 to spend on their products.




The Zen Papers we were given are all glorious shades of purple and mauve, some patterned and some plain and I really loved them! I used 2 photographs of the old shed in my parents garden back in the spring when there were copious amounts of lilac blossom.

I used one sheet of paper as the backgound, more paper for matting and layering the photographs and pieces of the funky geometric prints as borders. My favourite part was somewhat time consuming, I took the geometric pattern (used as the border at the top) and cut out 4 leaved flower shapes, layed them up (3 flower pieces together) then joined them together with a purple jewel brad. I really loved the affect and tried to highlight my focal points (the photos) with the flowers attached with foam to give more of a 3D layered affect. I made the title really quickly but I don't like it so it isn't actually stuck down yet and it there isn't any journalling yet so this is still a work in progress but you get the general idea!

Please stop by Scrapping with IDIC to browse all the fabulous DT work and don't forget to join in with your version of 'Layers' thanks xxx

6 comments:

  1. Love the purple colours and they go so well with the flowers in your photos. Lovely page. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, very pretty - and those flowers are gorgeous, very clever! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are way more patient with a layout than I am - this looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot of patient work! It's really effective, and the photos pick up the colours so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and so glad to have you join us on the DT at IDIC! I enjoyed visiting your blog and love your Stir it up Sunday story! I love family traditions!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the papers you have chosen, they compliment the flowers beautifully

    ReplyDelete