Sunday 17 October 2010

Pumpkin Patch

Two weeks ago SJ posted on her blog about visiting a pumpkin farm (see here). I have never even seen pumpkins growing and hadn't even considered that there could be pumpkin farms to visit in the UK. But after SJ shared her experiences (she is in the UK), I was inspired and excited. I googled 'pumpkin farm Surrey' and came up with Crockford Bridge Farm, which is only a short drive away from us.


Today we all went to see the orange fruits in all their Autumnal glory I was soooooo excited and looking forward to taking lots of photographs of the children with pumpkins. Sadly most of the pumpkins had been picked so the actual growing area was a little unattractive in places but I still loved it!

There were so many different shapes and sizes and often in the middle of where they were growing were beans or marrow/corgette type plants.


Some areas looked completely barren and dead whilst others were green and lush with beautiful flowers.
Many had been picked already and were in piles in the midst of the wilderness of plants

I think this was my fave pumpkin growing on the farm


Of course I had to get the children to pose with some pumpkins which can be quite difficult with DD here is the best pic of them together

DS is much easier when it comes to being in front of the camera and will get up to all sorts of funny business as you can see from this pumpkin picture

Did you spot him?? LOL!

Finally I got to buy 3 pumpkins from the 'Pumpkin Patch' where lots of the orangey amber globes were piled together according to size...bliss...watch this blog to see what I do with them!!

3 comments:

  1. It never occurred to me to look for a pumpkin farm in this country, what a good idea - but I'll have to try to remember it for next year, as I suspect I've left it a bit late for this! Great photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL only just spotted him! isnt he a monkey! looks like a lovely day out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea there were pumpkin farms in the Uk! What a gorgeous set of autumn-y photos you got while you were there

    ReplyDelete