Sunday 13 April 2014

Sharing scrapbook pages on Sunday

The weekly challenge was a bit challenging this week over on UKS.  I was fine using a photo of a pet/animal and I was happy with using circles (or cogs) but using the title of a song from a musical had me thinking!

I decided to use a page kit I had put together from the Counterfeit Kit Challenge CSI file


I used all the colours in the scheme, for evidence I used a patterned background, sheer pale blue netting cut into circles, wood buttons and a wood veneer, 3 blue flowers under the buttons. My testimony is in the form of the vellum envelope which holds my journalling on a tag.

In the end I came up with this page


I realised I had never scrapped about how my cat was going to be 'Tinkerbell' as chosen by my then 4 year old daughter.....but when the cat arrived it was a boy so his name was changed to Tinker and that has really suited him! So using the title 'the naming of the cats' was an easy choice for my page.

Another page I made at my crop yesterday was based on this sketch by my teamie Niki over at Being Scrappy



and this colour scheme from Kreative Concepts (though I think I may be too late to enter this challenge as usual!) a good challenge for me to use gold and pink on a LO but actually really liked this combo and will use it again

The colours were a perfect fit for another Harry Potter page this time featuring Dolores Umbridge





10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pages Ruth - love the Naming Of Cats page - great to get that snippet down on a lovely page. Will I need to go and see the HP exhibition ... maybe I should just come and look at your album instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love these..especially the second one. Unusual colours for Harry Potter too..everyone usually plumps for dark colours! Great choice,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful layouts. The touches of gold stars are really apt for the theme on your second layout. Thank you for joining us at Kreative Koncepts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean lines and wonderful designs! Your kitty looks so serious but cute! Thank you for joining us at Kreative Koncepts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Counterfeit Kit looks exciting, got me wanting to join in! Loved your pages and how Tinkerbell changed her name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really are the queen of challenges! Fab pages x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh love the pages - such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such cute layouts and the perfect name for a cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. as a HUGE HP fan, I so love the Dolores layout! Fab!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I honestly have no idea how you manage to keep up with all these challenges - and still come out with some amazing layouts! Nice job lovely x

    ReplyDelete