Monday 28 February 2011
Sunday 27 February 2011
Friday 25 February 2011
I love days out with the family, 3 generations, away from the normal everyday grind, enjoying fresh air and fun company! I have had a great time, it is brillant to be off with the children sharing in the half term madness!
Monday 21 February 2011
Sunday 20 February 2011
I kept the card really simple and actually just printed out the image onto orange card so i didn't even have to do any colouring! After last weeks bling it up challenge I decided to add a wee bit of sparkle to the card (a Carftwork Cards scallop one) and added some tiny orange gem stones.
I also created a second card as I printed off 2 images to play with, this is really similar
and these cards are now in the post to a couple of friends!
Please go over to IDIC to view all the other cards from the talented Design Team and don't forget to enter this week xxx
Saturday 19 February 2011
Wednesday 16 February 2011
isn't this the best image for today??? I was so happy to find it on Ms Kitty's Online Purrs
Obviously I had to make the most of it after yesterdays totally fed up post and try and think of some Wednesday Happy Thoughts......
1. There are some really lovely cyber friends out there, I really, really appreciated how many of you took time to leave me a message and I hope I have got round to replying to you all xxx
2. I have a great family and a supportive hubby who is there for me
3. I have set the wheels in motion to try and bring about some changes, not gonna say too much just yet but will keep you updated as time goes on
4. It's half term next week and I get the chance to have a whole week off with the children and will probably see my parents and sister and catch up with some friends...yipppeeee!
5. Spring is definitely trying to break through, there are crocuses (?sp) blooming everywhere, bulbs coming up and I have my favourite flowers brightening my world in a vase on the mantlepiece (daffodils!!)
I am off to fat club tonight so will be with friends, then coming home early to watch Bones and do some card crafting so a great evening planned. Wishing you all a happy thought on this Wednesday xxx
Tuesday 15 February 2011
I am bored of crying now, fed up of my eyes and face hurting so I am gonna try to 'think happy thoughts' and get myself into a better place and leave bad people and bad places behind xxx
Monday 14 February 2011
Sunday 13 February 2011
Saturday 12 February 2011
Tuesday 8 February 2011
Monday 7 February 2011
The Legacy by Katherine Webb. It is 2 stories connecting the early 1900's with the present day. Two sisters come together to sort through their Grandmother's belongings after her death and they are both haunted by something that happened in their childhood. One cannot really remember what happened and I believe the other has spent all her live trying to forget it! The 'other' tale is all about their Great Grandmothers first marraige in America and how she leaves this life, taking something with her. This secret has to be hidden but the truth is discovered by one of the sisters in the present day.
I really enjoyed this book and it was an easy read, a perfect first book after the studying. The relationships are interesting with some strange interactions at times but as the story progresses you begin to understand the depth to some of the characters. I guessed what happened to the cousin Henry and some aspects of this are somewhat unbelievable but it didn't ruin the story (I ma trying hard not to give the story away here!!!)
If you go over to the book journey you can see what other books are being read this week.
I would love to know what you think of this book and also what you're reading at the moment xxx
Saturday 5 February 2011
I have finally stopped all this..
whilst looking at these...
and this is the end result