Sunday, 4 December 2011
Story telling Sunday December
Saturday, 19 November 2011
weaving and banners
- checking out more of the Christmas preparations everyone is doing
- starting JYC (determined to do it this year and finally decided to do 6x6)
- Bloggers weekend in Telford next week!!!
Sunday, 6 November 2011
Story telling Sunday
Wednesday, 19 October 2011
Pretty Paper Party
Monday, 17 October 2011
Pretty Paper Party
Today is the start of a new Shimelle class called 'Pretty Paper Party' of course I could not resist the temptation and signed up immediately I received the invitation, especially as I have literally stacks of pretty papers unused in my stash.
Shimelle set us an icebreaker today all about our paper collections asking us to share what sort of paper person we are. I really think I can fit into 'The Paper collector' and 'the scrap sorter' but I have invented my own new category which is 'the Paper Procrastinator'! I often find that I just stare at all my papers hoping for inspiration, looking at one trying to figure out if I should use it, stroking another, then considering even more. Eventually I realise a couple of hours have passed and I still haven't settled on which papers to use.
Here are some snaps of the paper I have......A shelf of 6x6, 8x8, photo mats and other smaller pieces of paper and card
Monday, 3 October 2011
Seeing as it is my birthday I will join in with the A-Z of me I have seen on many other blogs.... you never know you may even learn some new things about me!
A. Age: over 40 .... it is my birthday today!!
B. Bed size: King
C. Chore that you hate: probably Ironing but not keen on any housework to be honest!
D. Dogs:would like one one day as it would mean I walked everyday
E. Essential start to your day: a cup of black tea
F. Favourite colour: brown or green or browny green!
G. Gold or Silver: gold as too pale for silver although my wedding ring is platinum!
H. Height: 5’8.5”
I. Instruments you play: I used to play the violin, recorder, treble, clarinet, piano, bugle and the only one I play occasionally now is the guitar.
J. Job title: Nurse practitioner/ clinical nurse specialist
K. Kids: DS and DD
L. Live: Surrey, United Kingdom
M. Mother’s name: Mum
N. Nicknames: Furrypig
O. Overnight hospital stays: 2 ear ops as a child, appendicectomy, hysterectomy
P. Pet peeves: cold callers on the telephone, ignorance and rudeness
Q. Quote from a movie: cannot think of one!
R. Right or left handed: Right handed
S. Siblings: one sister
T. Tattoos: none
U. Underwear: usually!
V. Vegetable you hate: none I hate
W. What makes you run late: other people!
X. X-Rays you’ve had: Teeth, knee, arm, ear
Y. Yummy food that you make: cupcakes, pineapple muffins, christmas pudding etc etc
Z. Zoo animal: ooh tricky one love seeing animals but prefer them wandering around.
Hoping to read some of your A-Z lists soon xxx
Sunday, 2 October 2011
Story telling Sunday
Monday, 26 September 2011
Creative Craft World card challenge with an Autumn theme
Tuesday, 6 September 2011
September Family Blog Hop x 12
Anyway, back to todays blog hop (I now realise this was actually yesterdays blog hop so I apologise to everyone for getting the date wrong and spoiling the hop but I am finally here!).
Margie has organised us all again into posting our family photos for the month of August, I had the choice of 3, all taken in Antigua, and I almost went for the shot of the 4 of us on a boat looking out to see but instead I have gone for the view (and us!) from the top of 'Bird Island'. We were on a boat trip, which was our best day out in Antigua and we snorkelled, swam, explored caves and rocks, thus we are all in swimwear!
Please visit everyone elses blogs to see their August family photographs
Melissa http://www.melissagross.blogspot.com/ - you are here
thank you xxx
Friday, 5 August 2011
August Family x 12 blog hop
Hopefully you will have found me via Carol Anne's blog, if not please see the list below so you know where to start and end (or if you get lost!)
Carol Anne http://www.scrappingthoughts.com/
I have a real hatred of photos of me and I am very critical of them and tend to delete the majority of snaps that feature my ugly mug! So this monthly photo experience is not easy for me but I think it is really important as I am recording the memory of the four of us as time goes by.
Currently I do not have access to my June Family photo but this is my July photo. Quickly taken on a golf course in Antigua via self timer..... the children were not very amused and wanted to get back to the pool/beach/ anything other than another photo!
Please go over to Patricia's blog here to see her July family portrait.
Hopefully I will have a chance to visit all your blogs again soon xxx
Sunday, 31 July 2011
Jemma's Blogiversary Hop
As you go from blog to blog you need to collect a number from each of Jimjams' Blogiversary friends, putting them in numerical order and then e-mail her with the number which is missing from the sequence. What fun!
You should have come to my blog via the lovely Sandie at Itchifingers.
It took about 8 hours to fly here direct with British Airways
The temperature here is pretty constant between 80 and 90 degrees but we have had quite a lot of rain too! We are using factor 50 especially after my skin cancer last year!
The first language is English, though French, Dutch and Spanish are in the top 4 languages.
We are staying with friends in their lovely apartment with a great pool. It is more expensive than the UK with lots of prices in US $ though we are not in the USA.
There is an amazing variety of wildlife including mongoose, geckos and lizards, land crabs, humming birds cockroaches and mosquitos (I have been bitten a lot!) on the land and the sea is teeming with marine life... ideal for snorkelling.
Ok time for some easier clues...
We are 5 hours behind the UK here
The currency is EC $
There is locally brewed beer and rum readily available.
I am on an island with 365 beaches allegedly!
The capital is St Johns.
I think you have it now....
I am in Antigua!! What a beautiful place to be holidaying we are very lucky, especially as whilst we have been away we have had a shower rebuilt and lots of work done at home!
I just wanted to add that before we came away I was able to see my Dad and he is making an excellent recovery after his surgery and has been a star patient. He is due to see the consultant today for the results and to plan the future (ie see if he needs chemotherapy etc etc) Thanks again for all your best wishes, thoughts and prayers.
So thank you for visiting my blog on this Blogiversary Hop. My number is 23 and you need to head over to the wonderful Sian at From High in the Sky to collect the next one. Enjoy your hopping, meanwhile I need to get back to this.....
EDIT ...... I am very sorry that this post has gone out early .... whoops! Jemma's blog hop starts in the early hours of August 1st but blogger has misbehaved and posted this at the wrong time! So please come back and join in the hopping tomorrow morning instead!
Sunday, 10 July 2011
ten things on the tenth
1. As many of you will be aware, my darling Dad had an important hospital appointment this week (see this post). I thank each and everyone of you that have held him, the family and me in your thoughts and prayers it is really appreciated. The diagnosis of cancer was confirmed but initially they were unable to say if there were signs of secondary cancer in the liver. We had a tough 24 hours waiting for the radiologists/oncolgists/surgeons joint expert opinion saying the liver was fine (hurray some good news!) He had to go to the hospital 4 times last week, has 2 medical appointments this week and then admission for about a week. Please continue to pray, send positive vibes and thoughts and think of him thank you xxx I am grateful for health care professionals and access to technology and treatment.
2. Today my Dad's best friend passed away unexpectedly. A huge shock for us all as he was a wonderful man who had been through a lot healthwise. When he had been in hospital and in the rehabilitation unit my dad visited regularly and played cards with him. He is now in Heaven and I have asked my Dad not to plan any card games with him any time soon. I am grateful for having him in my life as I grew up and that we shared a holiday with him and his wife last year.
3. Following the post about my dad I was sent a 'hug' through the mail.
4. DH, DS and I had a great day out to Leith Hill the highest point in SE England. On a clear day you can see Gatwick and Heathrow airports and even the English Channel (though we didn't manage it despite trying!)
I am grateful for days of sunshine and time together.
5. DS took part in his first 'Bikeathon' and completed 12 miles easily (plus the miles to and from the race start/finish) I was very proud. I am grateful for DH taking him cycling.
6. I received a Pay it Forward gift from my cousin in law with a beautiful card. I love brown so the bracelet was perfect. I am grateful for family, especially the crafty ones (see her blog here)
7. I attended a 4 hour beginners photography course a cheap deal from Groupon. I think full price would have made it rather expensive but at the reduced rate it was a real treat, I used the DSLR and now understand F numbers, ISO, apertures, shutter speed and can even alter them according to conditions! I am grateful for cameras and making new friends (2 lovely ladies who both scrapbook attended the course, I have photos of them as I practised my shots but they may not wish me to publish them here!)
8. A package arrived full of crafty goodies and even some sweets, something else to brighten my day, from Craft Fairy (very talented crafter found here) I am very grateful for blog candy and blog friends.
9. DD celebrated her birthday early, inviting 20 girls for a 'water party' in the garden followed by a BBQ. Luckily the great British weather (predicted to be heavy rain) only contributed a slight drizzle and the party went ahead without a hitch. I am grateful for sunshine and foam machines.
DD and I had a great time making lots of cupcakes for her birthday coffee, vanilla and chocolate they were really yummy, though not very good for my diet! (I am grateful I lost 2 lbs this week)
I also put together little party bags with presents, which were fun to make and looked cute. I am grateful for handmade goodness and a cupcake making daughter.
10. Handmade Hannah not only stocks some amazing scrapbook supplies but she sends them promptly, beautifully packaged with a handmade card. I cannot wait to use some of my lovely new supplies so watch this space and I will share more soon from the grab boxes. I am grateful for the personal touch and for new crafty stash.
In the ups and some major downs of the last 10 days, there are many things to be grateful for. I am grateful for the internet, for blogs and for you. Thank you for visiting my small part of the world and joining in my rollercoaster ride, which I think is continuing for the next ten days, but that is a whole other story...................... xxx
Tuesday, 5 July 2011
Pass the book
Sunday, 3 July 2011
Story Telling Sunday
Sunday, 26 June 2011
IDIC card making challenge 'Mid year Christmas'
I have used a Craftwork card as the base then added a few papers and the image, topped off with some sparkly snowflakes and I have left a space for a Christmas sentiment.
Thanks for following my card making exploits and I hope you continue to visit IDIC and the new design team and do pop back here to see what I am up to, Thanks to IDIC for all the months creating with the DT xxx
Sunday, 19 June 2011
IDIC card making challenge 'Retro 1970's'
Sunday, 12 June 2011
IDIC card making challenge 'Birds'
Saturday, 11 June 2011
June Family x 12 blog hop
Each month we are sharing a photo of what we call 'family'. I really enjoyed visiting all the other blogs and getting to know the 'families' and cannot wait to catch up with everyone this month.
My photo was taken on the last day in May that we were all together. It was after DS's birthday party at Lazerquest, thus the hot and sweaty look. He left the next morning for cub camp, so we took this opportunity...
I grabbed a friend and asked her to snap a few pictures of us in the back garden and this was the best of the bunch and the only family photo we managed for the month of May! Hopefully I will have more to choose from for June, although I haven't taken any yet!!
This is the blog hop in case you get lost! You should have come here from Carol Anne's blog....
Carol Anne http://www.scrappingthoughts.com
enjoy hopping around, but for now please head to Jo's blog to see her family photo from May.
Thursday, 9 June 2011
Today Shimelle is hosting a new venture, hopefully the first of many, a monthly blog event on the 10th of each month aptly named '10 Things'. I love joining in with fun bloggy based adventures especially when they are international and I will get to see what all my classmates have posted from across the globe (there are some amazing people from this class and I have loved finding and following their blogs, so I can't wait to get home from work and start hopping around the world visitng them all!)
I knew immediately what I would share with you all, I just hope you don't find it tooooo boring! Recently I came across this blog announcing a 30 day photography challenge for the month of June. I decided it would be fun to join in and so far, I have managed to take a photograph from the list each day as instructed. So here are my 10 photos for the first 10 days of June......
Day 1 self portrait
slightly blurry but at least I am smiling (I really do not like pics of me!)
Day 2 what you wore today
took a snap of my work wear (nursing without a uniform)
and my evening wear (drinks with the girls)
Day 3 clouds simple
Day 4 something green
plant bought as a house warming present for a friend
Day 5 from a high angle
view down to back garden in the rain
Day 6 view from low angle
almost forgot to take this one, so took it late at night on the floor on a hopscotch rug, number 6 for the 6th photo!
Day 7 fruitfamily favourite bananas
Day 8 a bad habit
there are so many but I went for wine!
and the boy