Monday 28 February 2011

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop

Welcome everyone to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop!!
The hop started over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog and if you get lost you can see the full list of participants back there. I found this great site after visiting Sian's blog, I really love the idea of making up an alternative to a currently available kit, though I haven't taken part yet, I will do, as I have so much to use up in my stash!
Hopefully you have come here from Bethany's amazing blog, I've just become a follower! I am the last stop on the blog hop journey, so I hope you have enjoyed seeing all the creations taken from this sketch. I am so excited to be part of the hopping as this fantastic sketch from Scraps of Darkness finally got me scrapping again!! I did flip the image, substituted an alternative shape instead of the circle, tweeked here and there, but my page is based on this sketch.
It took me a while to decide which photograph to use, as I have so many waiting to be used in a layout. In the end I chose one that I thought would work well with flowers! The overall look is very girlie, which is not what I would consider a natural style for me, as in real life I tend to be a bit of a tom boy and 'I don't do pink'!! I was really pleased to use up several things that have been in my stash for ages, I really need to have a good sort out (completing a few Counterfeit Kits would probably help!)
This is a close up of the photograph as it is difficult to see in the previous image and I love the little peg in the corner with the pink flower, it is so cute!
Thanks for visiting my blog and joining in with all the fun. I hope to be joining in a lot more with Counterfeit Kit Challenges so watch this space! xxx

23 comments:

  1. Nice table and yep lovely view. Congrats on getting so much pink on a page, I struggled with that too. I like the flowers wandering up the page framing the journaling spot. Makes me think of a flower border in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch! Pretty layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous view and I think you used pink and purple very well! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so chuffed that Counterfeit Kit has been the success it is - I loved the idea the minute I saw it and it's really nice to see a couple of you who saw it on my blog enjoying it so much. And producing lovely layouts with your kit!

    I can't wait to see which kit is up in March..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty layout-I love the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty page! Love the diecut and design! The flowers are lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good on you for embracing your "girly" side and stepping out of your comfort zone. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! Your flowers are very pretty.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous flowers - great use of your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad so many of us have got to the end@ love all your little flowers on this

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful view you have!! TFS your lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job - nice matching up of the color tones, and your lovely little details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool photo! It fits right in with your girly layout ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how your flowers compliment the photo - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the beautiful flowers on your porch! I really like how the colors in your photo match the papers and embellishments so well!
    *meridy*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty layout! I love the way you stretched yourself and used pink in your project. I, too, am a tomboy at heart, but have recently started to like pink.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice layout! Love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Once in awhile, I think it's a good thing to embrace your girly side. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Last but not least, right?
    Terrific job making the sketch work for you - the cluster of flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete