Sunday 1 November 2009

Halloween craftiness

Wow Halloween has come and gone and what a blast it was! We decorated the house inside and out and even managed a few crafty creations for the occassion. I hope these are okay to be entered into the altered container halloween challenge set by Rusty over on the Crafty Place.

These are luminaries made from jam jars with a face stuck on in black paper and covered in masking tape to look like 'mummys'. I came across this idea 3 years ago and made one then these 2 were made by Molly and I. They look much better with a lit candle inside and I left them outside the house last night to guide the trick or treaters to the door!




We hosted a Halloween party and the first game we play as people are arriving is to guess how many sweets are in a container. So this year I used 2 packs of tic tacs as the colours fit with a Halloween theme (orange and green). I came across 4 shot glasses for 12p in Sainsburys and decided to decorate one for this game and for the challenge. I have used die cuts of a ghost, witches hat (both from Oona thank u xxx) and a spider cut with the cuttlebug. It was then quickly wrapped up in orange cello, a halloween tag added and it was complete! Would you believe that one boy guessed the correct number exactly...74 go Charlie!!!

4 comments:

  1. love your shot glass idea and you've decorated it fabulously :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shot glasses are a great idea - I have loads of them kicking about the house when they come with various (alcoholic) presents. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mummies - hope you dont mind if I pinch your idea for next year!!

    ReplyDelete