Tuesday 30 April 2013

The weekly challenge on UKS called for colours of your country's flag, include a banner and use more than one photo.  Over at the Creative Craft World Challenge Blog they had a great sketch.....

So I turned it on it's side, used the 2 long rectangle strips of patterned paper and made one of the 3 squares into a third rectangle keeping the other 2 as my photos.  Then I swopped splodges for bunting but placed it at the top.... I think you can see where my inspiration came from!


I have made this photo a bit bigger than normal as I had a request for bigger pics on my blog,,,, is this big enough or do I need to go extra large lol!???  Let me know what you think.

As you can see I a actually scrapped a non Harry Potter page!  This one is taken from June of last year when we celebrated both the jubilee and DS's birthday with family.... we were all very red white and blue!

9 comments:

  1. A lovely page,Ruth....I prefer the design on its side.....and it is easier to see at this size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes...i like your take on the sketch,so very wonderful.

    I like extra large so I can see all the detail close up....or maybe i need to go to specsavers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it like this - the large photos really draw the eye. You've made a lovely shape of that template, tipping it horizontally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the design like this - agreeing with Alexa that is a lovely shape. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larger is better - great interpretation of the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello - just dropping in to say I sent emails to you for Sian's swap. Hope they have arrived safely. Though I rarely do pages myself - I do like your take on this and i lovr your photos! J x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this LO - its gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at CCW - Hugs Sarah x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is fab - totally love what you have done with the sketch xxxxx thanks for sharing at CCW xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I LOVE that Dear Lizzy pink music paper, it is one of my all time favourite papers ever. Thank you so much for visiting my blog, it was nice to see your work too.

    ReplyDelete