Sunday 1 July 2012

story telling Sunday June 2012

At this time of year my mind begins to think about holidays,  Past, present or future holidays with all the memories or all the plans!  We have recently booked our break abroad for this summer hoping to find some Sunshine.

My husband often reminisces whilst watching television, his favourite phrase is 'I've been there'.  We could be watching a news report form London, a wildlife documentary in Mull, a holiday programme set in New Zealand and frequently, all the wonderful shows we watch set in numerous cities in the USA, it doesn't matter if 'I've been there'!

A few years ago Hubby and I were lucky enough to spend a long weekend in New York to celebrate my birthday.  Our hotel was literally round the corner from the Empire State building and we loved exploring the city recognising so many familiar landmarks as seen in magazines, films or tv.

We took one of the guided bus tours and came across a film crew in action on the bridge just outside Grand Central Station


I know it is really difficult to see but there is a group of people fighting and Will Smith the star of the film is there.  The film is I am Legend and my husband and I have seen the film and really can say 'I've been there'!!

'I've been there' is now a joke between our family and I keep making to make a scrap book page or even a mini album about this phrase and the places it may respond to so this post is the start and hopefully it will motivate me to craft about it.

This post has been brought to you courtesy of Sian's story telling Sunday please visit her blog here to read many more tales.

21 comments:

  1. This is really sweet and what an awesome picture to have taken! I had friend who used to say she'd been there in the middle of movies at quiet cinemas! Less funny more awkward when everyone looks around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mini album would be great....full of places you've been....and that phrase!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! You really need to do a mini album!

    ReplyDelete
  4. another vote for a mini album. i've been guilty of saying that one too lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of a mini album but agree that photo needs to star in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha Ha, I do that! though mostly it is to wind up my father in law who does the same. I have even phoned him when some thing is on TV and told him to switch on just so I can say 'I've been there'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We do that too! Sometimes we watch things just BECAUSE we've been there too. Its great when you are there when something exciting is happening as it makes it even more memorable doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, a mini album would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You definitely were there. I wonder if you were captured on film. Those would be fun pages to have in an Iv'e been there album.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL - my kids react whenever I use the words "When I was in Sweden ..." - it was only two years but made for a lot of memories - too many for them obviously!
    Looking forward to your mini-book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love to watch movies and say "we've been there." We were in New York two months before I Am Legend released and throughout the whole movie, we kept saying "we were just there!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, I love to say "I've been there" to an extent, my DH got a bit fed up and vowed never to go to Chicago which was one of those places only I've been to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great title for an album! What a great piece of serendipity ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. A movie set ... how cool. You really should make a mini!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love watching things and being able to say 'I've been there'....great idea for a mini!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute story! I smiled at your "I've been there" reference. It's impossible to see photos from other places and not make note if you've been there in person.

    Anyway, New York and Grand Central Station? I've been there! It was at the end of a week long stay there with Carrie six years ago. I REALLY wanted to go to Grand Central Station and she REALLY did NOT want to go there. You can imagine the banter than ensued. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great story! How fab that you really WERE there! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm just back from my own travels and this holiday story is helping me to prolong my holiday mood. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is an awesome picture but it's from the set of "the avengers." i am legend was filmed in new york in 2006 and released the next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry to disagree with you but not sure why you would come onto my blog and post this information! I know that I am Legend was filmed in 2006 as that was when we were there and when this photograph was taken it is not the avengers!

      Delete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete