Saturday 28 June 2014

Shimelle's challenges

Last weekend over at Shimelle.com there were several fabulous challenges. I was away celebrating my Mum's 80th birthday with lots of family so was unable to take part at the time but have managed to join in since with these pages

Firstly there was a challenge to scrap your significant other so I used this colour combo from  SJ Crafts blog challenge ....


and combined this with the weekly challenge at UKS to use the sketch provided, ink/mist and be inspired by the word 'sun' and made a page about my 3 significant others....


I actually had a bad mist accident and as I removed the top of the ink I poured a lot straight onto my page!  Luckily I have managed to hide it and replaced some of the papers I had originally planned on using. It also fits perfectly with a line in the scrapping bingo challenge#3 at Scrap & Play (use a punch...hearts and chevrons, use mist...orange mist seen on page and chipboard....clouds)

Next Shimelle had a colour palette challenge, it had to include pink (one of my least favourite colours) but it fitted in perfectly with the UKS house challenge using this palette with the pinky coral colour.... (actually the SJ Crafts colour combo also fits the challenge rather well!)


so I used My scraps and more sketches #84


to make this page featuring gorgeous piglets from a visit to a farm at Easter.


Finally I used Shimelle's use ink/mist challenge with an old sketch from My Scraps and more Sketches to feature another pig. He is part of a pair that my friend has bought and is raising them until Christmas dinner.....she has named them Sausage and Bacon!!


14 comments:

  1. Great pages! Thank you for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent pages! I played a little catch-up too but haven't linkd them to her blog. I love the way you combine challenges and sketches to do layouts - I have enough problems just working with one challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't that colour combo a recent UKS challenge too? Looking so great, you're so creative

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ignore me! I've just re read and saw you've said it was a UKS colour challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the queen of challenges x great pages

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done you for combining so many challenges in one hit!!! Great pages! Thanks for playing along with the S J Crafts Colour challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome layouts! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pages! Thanks for joining us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute pages, I love the soft colors on all of them. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at My Scraps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pages! Great job on salvaging the page after your "mist accident" - it looks great! Thanks for joining us at Scrap & Play

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great collection of pages Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fantastic pages!! Thanks for joining us over at My Scraps & More!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great challenge pages - love the scrabble letter title and the colours of the first one x

    ReplyDelete