Sunday 16 September 2012

UKS challenges

I didn't enter any of the challenges in August as I had too much going on especially as I was away for 2 weeks in sunny Cyprus! I did manage to quickly view a few blogs whilst away so check your country stats and see if Cyprus comes up...... it was me!

Anyway today is the deadline for both the weekly and monthly challenges on UKS and I have managed to do both.

The weekly challenge was to use the sketch provided, washi tape, chipboard and add real or faux sewing. This was my page......


Although it is difficult to see, I added tiny faux stitches in white pen to the edges of both the rec checked papers, I used a chipboard heart and covered it in washi tape and based my page on the sketch though opted for just one photograph (not a great one but a good reminder of a fun night!)

The monthly house challenge was very simple, it was work, rest or play. I opted for play and used ideas/sketch taken from a weekly challenge a while ago that I was unable to complete at the time.....

The photographs are pretty awful as they were taken with a disposable, waterproof camera whilst swimming in the sea from a boat but cut down from 6x4 and put into this grid they don't seem too bad and I have another Antigua page completed.

Wierd that these pictures were taken almost exactly a year apart but scrapped on the same day!


12 comments:

  1. The papers are perfect for your Antigua layout :) Both are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely pages - great take on the busy sketch for the WC - I chose a single photo for my take on it too. Love that punch (one of my faves) and the use of the off-cut on the rhs is great!

    Love the calmness of the 2nd page - that's two foreign flags you've contributed now :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been having trouble commenting, tried several times last couple of days, so will keep this short - great layouts :)

    Please work, Blogger comment form!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very patriotic page! and I love the blue 0s on your Antigua layout - looks as if it was a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely pictures and great pages! I really want to try out a waterproof camera!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We live quite close to each other. Would you like to meet up?I don't work on Thursdays. Email me on kirsty.a@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the blues and patterns on your Antique page too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete