Tuesday 30 March 2010

BY 2010 March sketch



This is the sketch for March BY 2010 and was set by Sam 0ver on her blog. I have been so busy during the last month that I completely left my design to the last minute. I am away now, so quickly had to put the sketch to good use!
Last weekend I had a look through some old pics and came across one that DS had taken in 2006 age 4 on a disposable camera and I made my first 8x8 layout as shown in a previous post. I found a similar snap taken on the same day by DD age 7 so decided to scrap her pic too and try and make it to compliment the previous layout.


I am not that keen on the end result but it is ok. Not generally a fan of bright colours but it was a sunny day in Florida so I think it might work. It is also very simple but I think that sums me up! I am always keen to read your posts so any hints, tips or advice for a newbie scrapper (this is my 3rd 8x8 and my 6th completed layout) are very much appreciated.
I have tried to use some of the tips from the fabulous Shimelle class I am doing, so have used 3 flowers, ribbon, card and even a sticker! If you get a chance to take a Shimelle class go for it! The regular prompts are full of amazing ideas and the forum is the best place to meet talented scrappers and get totally inspired (or just look on in awe, in my case!!). I really hope I have the opportunity to join in again with such a great class, with the best teacher and most fabby classmates a pupil could wish for!
I assume that we are blog hopping at 11am 31st March so I am setting this to auto post for that time. The others taking part in BY 2010 this month are
but I am not sure of the order we are following so hope you manage to navigate your way around and I will be checking back tomorrow to see what everyone has made with this fabby sketch. Thanks Sam xxx

3 comments:

  1. Fab picture from Chatty Piglet number 2, and that yellow really does give the feeling of great warmth & sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any tips for you. I love the colours you've chosen. That's always one of my biggest struggles. Thanks for taking part :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fresh look of those colours. The wave across the bottom is perfect.

    ReplyDelete